5 years ago
Monday, February 1, 2010
This is our life...
Well hello everyone! It's been a super long time since I've gotten on here to catch things up...not that I even have anyone following my blog. :) Anyway, for journal's sake I'll catch up. Ben has just started a new job about a month ago. He's working for a company called Legacy Home Medical. He sells home medical supplies to patients from doctor's offices and hospitals. His main focus is oxygen and respiratory supplies. It's cute because he thinks that he can out-smart me on respiratory supplies. It's always kind of a running competition. But, he loves it. He only gets paid on commission so he has to be really motivated to go out and sell. I'm just glad that he's doing the selling part, that's just not my thing. He's having a really hard time finding time to work for Legacy because he's also working for my mom when I'm too busy AND taking 17 upper division credits AND being the club wrestling president AND playing rugby at school. You wonder where the wife comes in? I do too. This is his first semester with upper division credits and he's finally realizing how important homework and studying is. It makes me proud. :) Anyway, he's enjoying life and figuring out how to manage his time. I can tell you now that the TV is never on at home, it's studying every night for both of us! That leads me to talk about myself. I'm not nearly as busy as Ben is so this may sound dumb because I'm still stressed. I'm finishing my last semester in Respiratory Therapy. I'm sadly taking 23 credits and have 2 twelve hour clinicals each week to get my bachelor's without taking any summer classes. You ask how in the world do you take 23 credits? Well, it takes a special process. Even the dean of the college has to get involved. It's pretty much suicidal but I've made it for a month. I'll be graduating in April! Yay! I seriously can't wait. I'm still working at Ogden Regional as a CRT, I'm going on 5 months there. I'm learning to enjoy it more. I can handle the really sick and dying patients a little bit better, I think that just comes with experience seeing them. I'm lucky to be able to work the day shifts on the weekend, but the 6 am thing still kills me. I'm also working for my mom servicing the fragrance machines. She's great to work with mine and Ben's busy busy schedules. She has to put with a lot. Anyway, life is great. We are loving living in Plain City. It's really convenient to live close to the parents. We can get help with Zoe whenever needed and sometimes it's good to just be able to get away from home and go visit the parents. They are great to us.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hey Lindsey,
ReplyDeleteI didn't even know you had a blog, but I was looking through my permissions tab of who reads my blog and saw that I had added you a little while back and thought, "I wonder if I click on her name if it will show she has a blog?" And it did! Sounds like you are keeping SUPER busy! I love your blog, cute pictures on the side. Hope to see you soon when JAN GETS HOME!!! I'm so excited I can hardly stand it!