Voting

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

random...all about macee again

I initially got on here to update about my grandparent's visit this last week. But, as I was looking through all of my pictures, I realized I haven't shared a lot of them. So we'll recap for a second, then I'll talk about my grandparent's visit.

My dad came down to visit during the weekend that my mom was here. My niece, Harper, came up to join in on the fun. She is so stinking cute with her big blue eyes. Looking at this picture, I can't believe the size difference. Harper is only 6 months older than Macee. Every time Macee is around, Harper pay special attention to her. She's so fascinated with her. This picture is so cute. This is what happens every time these girls get together. It's also cute because my daddy is a grandpa now, holding his two grandbabies. :) I realized that I never posted the picture of the brand new grandma and grandpa Harding. Or did I? I can't remember. Macee is their first grandchild. I think it's been pretty fun for them, even though they live 12 hours away. Okay, that's sometimes a little bit of a touchy subject for our families. I think I took this picture about a week ago. Look how huge she is! She's eleven pounds already. Oh my gosh. Aren't these bouncers supposed to last longer than 2 months? Pretty soon she's going to bounce herself right out of it! She sleeps in this beauty, so her growing better slow down. I'm not ready for the crib yet. That will mean she's a grown girl, away from her mommy's sight. Admire the cute pajamas too. Her bedtime outfits are almost cuter than her daytime ones. So, my grandparent's came to visit...last week. I think. Time flies. I was so excited for them to come meet Macee! I was teasing them, saying that Macee was their new favorite great-granddaughter. I know that they would never pick a favorite. Even if they did, Macee only has like 5 others to compete with. Anyway, I ate my words pretty quick. She turned into a stink and fussed the entire 3 days they were here. I don't think they were too impressed. The poor girl was just getting her very first cold! That's another story for another time. In the end, the cold wasn't fun. I felt helpless, even with my bachelor's degree in mucous and snot. I don't know how to flip pictures, but this one was too sweet not to share. Grandpa finally got her to sleep in his arms. It only lasted for a few minutes, but she was happy. We were glad that these two could come visit. It was so nice of them to make the special trip down for our little girl.

Ben is still as busy as ever. I feel bad for him that he has to have so much going on, missing a lot of Macee's cute little personality as she grows up. School has really picked up, getting ready for finals. (Graduation in May couldn't be here soon enough!) He goes above and beyond in his internship. We're really hoping that will pay off with a job in May. His new calling in the ward also takes a lot of time with Wednesday and Sunday meetings. That one I can't wish to change. The Lord knows what's on Ben's plate, but he still trusted our family with the calling. I have to be grateful for that. Real life for me is about to begin, way too soon. I start back to work tomorrow night. I will be working the night shift, while Ben takes care of Macee. I am grateful to only have to work two 12 hour shifts a week. We're also so grateful that we won't have to give Macee to a babysitter. It will be hard on both of us having a lack of sleep and a busy schedule, but isn't that what having a young baby is all about? Right now, I wouldn't change it for the world. I might change my mind about that when I can't stay awake at work tomorrow night. Just kidding.

2 comments:

  1. I haven't seen Macee in too many daytime outfits, but I agree, those are possibly the cutest jammies I've seen. :)I can't believe how HUGE she is! She needs to stop growing, because I want to see her as a tiny,little newborn still (one more month-ish!!!!!) You guys are so strong to make all of these sacrifices and you know that the Lord is there helping you along the way. That's awesome. I can't believe you're going back to work already...but at least it's only 2 nights a week. So happy for you guys. I need more pictures. You need to put up a whole ALBUM on facebook, or something.

    ReplyDelete