Voting

Saturday, November 12, 2011

two months

Two months ago, my sweet baby was born. It's amazing to think back at the last two months. Our lives have completely changed for the better. My house may not be clean anymore, I'm tired out of my mind sometimes and I can't remember the last time I ate a warm meal before Macee was in bed. But, we wouldn't change it for the world. Our lives are so much more meaningful and full of unconditional love.

It's been a long while since I've updated about Ben and I. I guess our lives don't seem as important anymore, especially to those who I write the blog for: our family in Utah.

What Ben's been up to. Geez, what hasn't he been up to would be the right question. He's busy with school on two long days, his internship on the other three days of the week, with homework to fill in all of the gaps...especially the gaps during the evening. Elders Quorum meetings take up Wednesday nights and all of Sunday with other days spent coordinating and doing the needed service projects for the ward. Somewhere in between all of this he finds time to be a daddy and a husband. I'm definitely grateful for a husband that is willing to work so hard for our family. He has to make a lot of sacrifices for us and I couldn't do it without him.

I've been busy too...with I don't know what. I don't have a lot of mentionable things going on in my life. It's amazing how much time playing and taking care of Macee consumes during a day. I work two nights a week, trying to catch as much sleep as I can so I can function there for 12 hours. I'm still trying to figure out how to keep up with laundry, dishes and grocery shopping. I just got a serious case of the Christmas spirit. I can't wait until Christmas. My mind has been racing with ideas for presents for our families. During Macee's naps, I've been busy crafting and making things. I can't wait to give them their presents.

Macee, being two months old, has gotten so big. She's smiling and starting to give me little giggles. It is so fun to listen to her talk. She seems so fascinated by her voice. She's a wild girl and doesn't hardly ever hold still. Her legs and arms are always moving. She's able to lift her head and move it to both sides when she's laying on her tummy. She sits up in her bumbo and can usually keep herself pretty entertained there for a while. Also, her newest trick, and possibly the best trick, she's sleeping through the night! Okay, I may be speaking too soon because it's only happened twice while I was at work. But twice is worth a mention.

My grandma and grandpa Ashdown came into town. They are darling with their great grandchildren. Macee is number 38 for them. She's number 108 for their descendants. Quite amazing. Once again, my computer illiterate self can't flip the picture.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the update Linds. It's good to hear what is going on with you guys, besides little Macee (even though I LOVE to hear all about her!) I don't know how you guys do it...well I do, but it just seems crazy that we are able to have such crazy lives and still be sane and happy! That's the blessing of the gospel, isn't it. :) Love that picture of Macee laying on the blankie, she's so stinkin' cute.

    ReplyDelete