Ben and I have been spending the last few weeks in Utah with our families. It has been so fun to see everyone and let everyone get to know Macee. I will have more posts on our trip later. We left home early Thursday morning, right when I got off work. The drive went so well. Macee slept almost the entire drive to St. George. We stopped and rested the night in St. George, let Macee stretch her legs (lets be honest, who would want to drive for hours crunched up in a car seat?), and visited with the grandparents. We left St. George early Friday morning and Macee again did wonderful in the car. I joke that we should just let her live in her car seat in the car. She's a much happier girl driving than she is hanging out with us at home. :) We got to my parents house just in time to say hi and drop off our loads of luggage. Loads is an understatement. It's amazing we fit as much as we did in the car...now just to get it home will be a different story. Anyway. We said our quick hellos and surprised Ben's parents with Macee at their work. Then we were off to play with my girls. I miss these girls so much! It's always so fun to get together with them. We never skip a beat and it still feels like I know as much about their lives as I did in high school. I love them. We went to Jan's husband's cabin in Park City. It was so nice of Spencer to take us there to give us a little quiet getaway. We allowed the boys to come to our girl's night. They weren't invited into our room, but they made their own fun in the rest of the cabin. Sorry hon. I really left him hanging. We got all caught up on our lives and stayed up way too late. Macee was so good and my girls loved meeting her for the first time. We couldn't go to Park City without a shopping trip. Unfortunately, marriage and school causes all of us to be poor, so the shopping trip was just small, nothing like the high school days when my mom would take us up. It was still fun and great to reminisce about our Park City trips we would always take when the outlets were amazing. Here are some darling pictures of the our little trip.
Ben and I met right after Ben got home from his mission. We have a classic Mormon story. Our wards split and we found our families in the same ward. I thought he was cute when he gave his homecoming talk and luckily he asked me out a few weeks later. We dated for a year and have been happily married since August 2008. We have a cute little dog that we can count as a child. Her name is Zoe and she's more human than she is dog. We'll be welcoming our new little addition to the family in September and we're so excited! I graduated in Respiratory Therapy from WSU. After Ben graduated with his bachelor's degree in Social Work, we packed up our little family and moved to Arizona for Ben to get his master's degree. Life has been full of fun and changes! We are getting more and more excited everyday to meet our little girl.
I was bummed I didn't get to see you guys while you were in Utah. Macee looks so beautiful in her blessing dress. I'm glad it was a wonderful day!
ReplyDelete