Voting

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

december 18, 2011

Macee was blessed! I'm so grateful that I have a worthy husband, with the desire to raise our children in the gospel. Ben did such an amazing job blessing Macee. The spirit was so strong and it made me even more grateful to be her mother. I can't believe our Father in Heaven trusted me to be Macee's mom, but I wouldn't change it for the world. For journaling purposes, I want to remember who was in the circle. Our little family is so blessed to have a lot of support: Grandpa Ashdown, Grandpa Harding, her uncle Brady and Carston and Grandpa-greats: Ashdown, Wallerstein and Harding. Sunday mornings are always crazy. Why would the morning of Macee's blessing be any less than crazy? She decided she needed to take a nap 45 minutes before church. I had to wake her up to get her ready, hoping that she'd fall back asleep for her blessing. If anyone knows Macee, it's obvious that this girl does not like being woken up from her naps! It can totally ruin her entire day. Which it did in this case. She screamed and screamed when we got to church. I was in the foyer praying so hard that she would calm down for the blessing. My prayers were answered. Macee was a good little thing as she talked and looked around at all the men staring down on her during the blessing. No screaming. Even though she was lying on her back, which is also not her favorite thing. The Lord really does answer our prayers. This was just another testimony to me. I'm so grateful that she was good and Ben was able to listen to the Spirit as he was giving the blessing. We had a fun little get together afterwards where food was obviously involved. Thank you to everyone who came to support us. It was worth the wait to get her to Utah to bless her with a lot of family support.
I forgot the add that Ben's grandma Creamer made this beautiful dress. She is on a mission right now so she wasn't able to see how pretty Macee was in it. This dress will definitely be in the family forever. Hopefully Macee's babies will want to be blessed it in one day.

5 comments:

  1. She looks beautiful in her dress! Love the family picture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Her dress is beautiful Linds. I'm sad that we missed her blessing, but I'm glad you were able to have so many friends and family around. We love you guys and little Macee and we're so glad she's now a part of our family, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete