 |
| Largest man made fountain. |
 |
| Fountain Hills, AZ |
First thing I thought of when I woke up on Labor Day was "we gotta get
out of this house!" I have been tired of being couped up all day long
since Ben hasn't been feeling awesome. I made the decision on my own
that we were driving to the lake. Ben decided that if he was going to a
lake then he'd be going fishing. We got everything all packed up and
went on our way. The drive is about an hour and a half, but it is quite
pretty getting up to the desert mountains. When we finally got to the
lake, we were told we had to buy the parking pass to enter in town. That
sucks. It would take 20 minutes to get to town and then 20 minutes
back. I decided it wasn't worth it because of course everyone and their
dog was at the lake on Labor Day. On our way back we stopped at Fountain
Hills. We have been here before, and I'm pretty sure there is a post on
it, but this time was even more fun than before! There is an amazing
splash pad that goes all summer long. It is just packed with kids in
swimming suits or clothes alike. It took Macee only a half a second to
realize that water was spraying and then she was off. Running around
with her tongue sticking out and arms out for balance. She ran through
every fountain of water there was over and over again. She watched the
older kids with amazement as they had water dumped on them. She squealed
with delight whenever she finally aimed her run just right and ran
straight over the top of the fountain. She would find a puddle and sit
in it for a rest. She was a hoot to every single adult there and I think
she totally knew that she was being watched. She would stop at some of
the adults and cheese at them before running off into the water again.
Oh, she was cute. Ben and I sat there and watched her for about an hour
before she was all done and ready for some gold fish. She is now
sunburned, but she was sure happy to be out there showing off.
 |
| Stolen bucket. The little girl wasn't completely trilled. |
| |
| Arms out in mid-run |
|
|
 |
| Drying off and pigging out. No, we did not let her drink the soda. |
|
|
|
|
|
After the fun at Fountain Hills we decided to get our fishing in. We just went to a little park here in town that has a fishing pond. We got there too late and sadly didn't catch anything. Macee did have fun playing on the playground though. How could we expect a baby to just sit and fish?
 |
| Tired and sunburned |
Wow! That little Macee never stops. Good thing that she loves that water so much because it is so hot in Arizona. Looks like you guys had a good holiday.
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh, I love her. She is so stinking cute. Doesn't surprise me at all that she's a little attention hog. How could she not be? I'm sure you guys were just laughing your heads off at her. She sounds so funny and I can't wait to see her running around and playing in person!
ReplyDeleteSo cute! Isn't it the best!!! Sorry to hear about Ben that stinks!
ReplyDelete