Voting

Thursday, September 13, 2012

where did that year go?

Where in the world did this last year go? My baby is no longer a baby! It seems like she has truly turned into a toddler these last few weeks and celebrating her birthday yesterday just confirmed to me more that she is a big girl now! But, boy do I ever love this big girl of mine. We will be doing the cake fest on Sunday so I will definitely have pictures of the big girl then.
For journaling purposes, at one year old Macee has turned into a spunky, strong willed child. She is not timid with anything. Her laugh is more like a squeal and makes my day. Zoe can get her to laugh the best. Macee loves watching her play and especially loves sharing her food with her. She has gotten her tantrums down to a science, but is hopefully learning that tantrums don't get her what she wants. Her hair is still a beautiful red, although I don't feel like it will stick forever. It is just long enough to put a tiny ponytail on top of her head. I love, love the way her blue eyes compliment her red hair. I may be biased, but I think she is beautiful. Macee is so good on her feet and never chooses crawling over walking. She can stomp her feet and turn in circles, and does this frequently when she is playing. She dances, or bounces, almost every time she hears a song and has recently started trying to sing with the song. I think I'm going to have some serious music/dance lessons in my future! Macee is still a fish and loves water. She just recently learned how to stay a float, with her legs under her, when using her arm floaties. She will only eat using her hands. Having mommy help with a spoon is not going to happen in her world. She is eating almost anything we have for dinner, but her favorites include grapes, beans, crackers and cheese.
Here are her one year stats:
weight: 20 lbs, even; 25th percentile
height: 29.25 inches; 50th percentile
head: 47 inches; 90th percentile
Happy Birthday! We sure love you Macee Moo!  I can't thank our Heavenly Father enough for sending us such a beautiful, sweet baby girl.

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday Macee baby! It's so fun to hear all that she's doing and how she's growing up.

    ReplyDelete