Voting

Thursday, October 17, 2013

visiting family

Ben had planned a deer hunting trip with his dad for the end of September. Sadly, they got a deer. Anyway, I, feeling bad for myself that I'd be left at home for a few days all alone with two children, planned my own Utah visit. I was there with the kids for a week before Ben got there (thanks to maternity leave from work). We missed Ben while he was at home without us, but we had such an amazing time with family and friends. We canned tomatoes, played at the park with the amazing Fall air, played in Salt Lake with friends, had mommy dates with Tiffany, got a surprise visit from aunt Crystal who lives in Hawaii and spent lots and lots of time lounging around and chatting. We only had a single accident that we could have done without. Macee fell in the tub and almost bit her tongue off. People usually exaggerate about this kind of stuff, but this time it was for real. She had only a small piece of tongue on the bottom and on each side of the cut. Thank goodness for a grandpa who she preferred more than me at the time. He babied her for as long as she pleased. She may have a scar on her tongue, as weird as it sounds. But, Macee had an amazing time with her grandmas and grandpas and I think they felt the same. We have been seeing them a lot lately, which I'm not complaining about, so Macee is really getting to know them and they are really getting to know her. It is so fun. I always knew that living away from my children's grandparents would be hard, but getting to see them frequently makes it just a little easier. I am so grateful for my family and I wouldn't know what I would do without them.
Playing with grandma's therapy toys. 


I wish I could say that Macee has a good diet, but you're seeing it right there...I'd be lying.
I hate that I didn't get any pictures of the Hardings with my kids. I am terrible at bringing my camera around so I never thought about it while I was with them. We had just as much fun with them though, and my kiddos love them just as much. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment