5 years ago
Monday, November 9, 2009
Oh my, Zoe
So, you know how everyone else posts about their kids and stuff? Today is the day to post about my baby. We had quite the scare yesterday! Here's the story. I woke up nice and early to go to work, that is at 5:00 in the morning. AM! Anyway, on my way to the wonderful hospital of Ogden Regional I got a phone call from my panicked husband. This is odd because he does not wake up early! Without even saying hi he immediately says, "Do you want to know what your naughty dog did?" I'm like, oh crap, did she pee? (We're still working on the potty training a little). He says no, she ate a whole bunch of chocolate! At this point he was driving around Plain City to each of our parent's houses to wake them up looking for hydrogen peroxide. Hydrogen peroxide induces major vomiting and that's totally necessary to get the chocolate up and out of the system since it's extremely deadly for little dogs. So, needless to say, I'm freaking out that my little baby is at home sick and I'm helpless on my way to work. However, I was glad I didn't have to see her throwing up. Anyway, she threw up and all was good. Later that day, my sweet husband put some rib bones in our garbage can, which has to sit out in our kitchen, as gross as it is. Now, Zoe is a very nosey dog and she went digging in the garbage can during Ben's Sunday nap. He woke up to find that she had eaten 3 rib bones! Holy crap! She began throwing up again! This time it was sharp pieces of the bones, which could easily rip up her esophagus. This began around 3:00 and at midnight she was still throwing up. When it was all said and done she should have lost everything left in her stomach and there should be no more bones. She threw up more than 15 times. I was a little worried about her. She went for a vet visit today and all is well. The vet told us she may not be pregnant, but he's not sure, and she's not too terribly dehydrated from throwing up so much. That was a relief! After all, it's confirmed, I'm going to be one of those paranoid mothers who won't sleep at night when their kids are sick. I'm just going to have to live with that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Linds that's so sad about you're little baby. I hope that she's okay now!!
ReplyDelete