Voting

Friday, July 9, 2010

Around the fourth day of July...

Everyone else is doing their cute little 4th of July posts so I didn't want to be left out! We had an awesome weekend spent with lots of family and friends! I personally loved that the fourth of July was on a Sunday. I was able to have some fun at the park AND work with holiday pay on Sunday. Sweet! Ben ran a booth in the Plain City park to raise money for Weber State wrestling. He did great! Very impressive. I must admit though, Ben's wrestling buddy and his wife helped a ton more than I did! They did awesome. So much help! Anyway, that was great. But now for the fun of it all! The four wheeler derby! Sweet! It's so much fun every year and I wouldn't miss it for anything! Okay, wait, let me explain the derby for those of you who don't live in Plain City. About 9 or 10 four wheelers get in a little rink together. This year it was on the rodeo grounds. There are hay bails on the outside and on the inside of the rink. This circle that we all ride clockwise in gives us enough room to be a little crazy and pass each other. Plus, there's lots of mud! Got the picture? Okay. So, this game is played with partners. There is one "swinger" and one "driver". The swinger has a balloon taped to their helmet with duct tape, and they are holding a foam bat...usually with anger in their eyes. Believe me, I know. The point of the game is to pop the balloons on the other player's helmets. It sounds really easy, but it's not. The driver has to strategically keep the swinger out of harm but place them in a position to hit other balloons. So, my dad and I have been doing this for many years...too many to remember. It's turned into a really fun tradition. We always suck it up, bad. The only reason we suck is because I'm the only girl that dares to get in there with the men! Seriously! That's what I'm thinking. But, we did great this year. Fourth place to be exact. Ben has been Brady's (my brother) partner for two years now. Their deal isn't as much of a tradition, but more just because Ben's wife couldn't do it without him. Anyway, here's some pictures. These are the best ones I could find. It was a ton of fun!

That really is me and my dad. We must be a little nervous because
we don't look excited, that's for sure!

Ben and Brady. Showing their game before go time. Now they're excited!

So, the park was fun. That night we had a barbeque with some ward members and then watched Fremont's fireworks. These ward members are old, but Ben and I seem to not care. We have more fun with the old ones I guess. Oh well. We're losers. :) Now, on the day that the fourth really should have been celebrated I worked. I was okay with this. My family had a family barbeque which included Ben's family. I totally love that. Our families are great friends and we usually never have to split up the family time! I heard that the barbeque was awesome. They had a lot of fun. I really enjoyed the cold food when I got off work. Everything was great. When it finally got dark that night we had our own little firework show. Of course! Every family has to have their own show! I really just enjoy the sparklers. Here's a love picture!

He loves me. I love him. It's a heart. Look at my face, I'm obviously pretty happy about it.

I'll end my post with that cute love picture of us. I hope you all had a great fourth of July! I know we sure did!

No comments:

Post a Comment