5 years ago
Sunday, August 1, 2010
Girls Camp
So...It's been a while. Hi. I was really going to post a little blog about girls camp right when I got home, but one thing led to another and I was really busy at work in the ICU. That busy ICU kept from blogging! (I usually blog at work if I don't have pictures) Crazy, I know. Anyway, I went to girls camp about a week ago. I always love girls camp. It's such a growing experience for everyone! This was the first year for our presidency to go to camp with the girls. It is always so neat to build those strong relationships with the girls, and to really get to know them really well. Wow, I'm not feeling in the blogging spirit today so I have a feeling that this post will be really scattered. Sorry everyone! Okay, we went to Heber Valley Camp. It is this amazing place that is set aside just for girls camp. Has anyone ever thought about how boys have tons of scout camps everywhere? The girls were a little deprived of this until a good ol' man named President Hinckley made this camp. It's amazing. Have I already said that? The camp holds about 5 stakes. Each ward has separate camp sites within the stake's camp ground. Each site is named after amazing people in the scriptures. We each slept in cabins and had comfortable trails to walk on. The bathrooms were close and always clean. The kitchen was huge and we had amazing cooks that fed us huge meals every 4 hours. Pretty much, this kind of camping was not roughing it. Okay, I have to get a little bit spiritual now. This place was not only awesome, but it was so blessed. They definitely dedicated this camp to the Lord for the girls. Even the animals knew that there was a special spirit in the camp. I can't even count how many animals I saw there. Wait, I didn't only see them, I got really close to them. The deer would walk in front of us in our camp site. They would go hide under our cabins as we watched each other. They weren't scared. I held a squirel in my own hand. It crawled up my arm, then I got scared and dropped it. I got scared, it didn't. The closest comparison that I can think of for this place is the Garden of Eden. I want to go back just to feel that strong spirit again. So, each morning we woke up nice and early, had some hot chocolate, then had a really spiritual devotional done by the stake presidency. Then the day was started! Yay! The stake always had something fun planned for the girls. They did crafts, played lots of games, did service, and went on a hike. I had such a hard time not being one of the girls. I wanted to do all the crafts with the girls. Well, here's a little secret, I kinda convinced them to do let me do some of the craft. Okay, that's not so bad. Well, and I got to do the zip line at the challenge course too. That was fun. Some of the times I used me looking like a Laurel to my advantage. I was a leader when I needed to be. I had so much fun. I loved being with the girls. I do have to admit that I kept them up a little late one night trying to get them to teach me how to make bracelets. But, other than that, I'm pretty sure I was a well behaved leader who followed all the rules exactly...to a T. :) Anyway, I think that I just summed up girls camp pretty good. It was a lot of fun and I'm so grateful that I was able to go. I would have loved to have some pictures to put on here, but I just depended on the millions of girls there with cameras to do the work to take pictures. Sorry everyone!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment