Yup. It's seriously been two years since I've married my sweet husband. And I can honestly say that I love Ben even more today than the day that we got married. Life just keeps getting better and better! It is crazy how fast these last couple of years have flown by! It seems like just yesterday that we were getting engaged. I don't know how that happens. Life just takes over I guess. Anyway, it was my turn to plan our anniversary this year. I was so excited because I had so many things planned! Unfortunately, not everything happened because I had the day too packed to get everything done. Oh well. It was still fun. Our anniversary is August 8. That was a Sunday. Bummer. Or so I thought. Instead of just celebrating on one day, we celebrated on THREE days!! Yes, it was a whole weekend ordeal. Listen close because there are a few odd similarities to our engagement and wedding day. Okay. I'll start with Friday night. I made some yummy dinner (which doesn't happen too often) and then we jumped in the truck and made to to Mantua with the dirk bike and four wheeler by 6ish. So the time doesn't really matter. Just know that we made it there for an evening ride, because we all know those are the best rides to go on. It was raining, of course. By the way, it rained the whole weekend. We waited it out for a minute and then jumped on the bikes and just went for it. I was wet. I didn't have a jacket. It was freaking cold. Thank goodness that it didn't rain for too long. I love Utah summer storms! We made it to Inspiration Point just fine and dandy. Here's our cute love on Inspiration Point. I'm not one to usually take kissing pictures, so brace yourself.

Now, the way down was a little different story. Here's what happened. I was going too fast, of course. An unexpected turn popped out of nowhere. I slammed on my brakes, turned the handle bars to avoid going off the cliff, and rolled my four wheeler. AGAIN!!! Holy cow! I don't know what's up with me and four wheelers. I'm contemplating never driving one again. My body just seems to be a rolling ground for these huge things! It hurts. So, some of you don't know. Almost exactly two years ago, Ben rolled a four wheeler with me on the back of it. Yes, this is one of the similarities I was talking about earlier. Here's some pictures to demonstrate.
Those are my scratches from Friday's rollover. My entire right side of my body is a solid green bruise with a few scratches. I can handle that. At least I didn't go over that cliff that you can see in the picture.

Shoot, I can't find my other, similar picture. I will edit this soon when I find it.
Anyway. I'm walking and I was able to ride my own four wheeler down the mountain. That's sweet. Saturday. We woke up early. I made Ben some breakfast and then we went on our hike. I love hikes when I'm done with them. The way up is never as fun. Especially when you're sore from a stupid accident and kinda getting over a cold. We hiked up Waterfall Canyon. It was beautiful. I love the mountains and everything it offers.
After the hike we stopped by a family BBQ really quick. We had to do it to see family from out of town. It was okay. We left really fast and headed to the Bountiful temple. That's where we got married!! I haven't done a session there, ever! So sad though, we got there too late to make it to the next session AND to make our dinner reservations. We just sat just inside the doors and talked. It was still nice. The temple is just a great place to be no matter what. For dinner we went to Jasoh's. I would 100% recommend the food. Now the price, that's a different story. I almost died when we got our bill! It's way too fancy of a restaurant for us poor college students. But, we justified it. The last time we've spent that much on dinner was when we got engaged. Sadly, I forgot to take a picture at dinner. We were too busy stuffing our faces I guess. Here's our beautiful, or should I say disgusting, picture of us at dinner when we got engaged.
Remember, I broke my arm and had surgery only FIVE days before we were engaged! I was not feeling so hot. I couldn't even do my own hair or even dress myself. It was a pretty day for me. Ben does look pretty sexy though.

We had the best part of our day after dinner. We got on Ben's rode bike and rode out to Willard Bay. We were smart and went the back way where it's free. I carried some fishing poles in my backpack. When we got there we were almost completely alone. We were able to sit on the boulders together and look at the stars. Ben fished a little bit just to satisfy his ADHD. He always has to have something going on. It was so relaxing. We loved it.

In all, we had an amazing anniversary. I'm looking forward for many more anniversaries with my honey to come!
Happy 2 years!
ReplyDelete