Voting

Monday, August 30, 2010

California trip with the in-laws

This post is a little bit overdue, but I've got pictures this time so I'm posting about it anyway! We went on a little California vacation with my in-laws the week before the Fall semester of school started. We had the entire week jam packed with things we were going to do. We left for St. George on Friday. My grandparents let all seven of us raid their house and they cooked us some yummy dinner. I'm a big fan of that. Thanks grandma and grandpa! We went to the Tuachan theater to watch Tarzan that night. Wow! Tarzan was sexy. I couldn't stop watching his muscles! Ben only got a little bit jealous...I think. I'm sorry, we didn't get any pictures of that nice body, but here's a picture of the kids before Tarzan started. Cute. We left really early Saturday morning and drove straight for California. We had to hit the beach. Little did we know, the beach is freezing! Windy plus wet equals cold. I'm not a big fan of cold. So we buried each other in the sand. Much warmer. We didn't think of how we'd clean ourselves off though. Bright idea! We had to jump in that freezing ocean! Remember how I'm not a fan of cold? Anyway, it ended up being okay. We got used to the cold and had some fun with the waves. That night we went to Bubba Gumps. It sits right on the pier, overlooking the beach and ocean. The whole restaurant is themed around Forrest Gump. It was really fun. And the food was delicious. We tried our hardest to keep Sunday the sabbath. Of course, we had to eat, so that required some buying food, but other than that we did the free stuff in Cali. We saw the Hollywood sign and the walk of fame with all the stars. I always thought it would be way cool, but I think I just crossed that off my bucket list and I won't need to do it again. Oh well though. It was a good way to spend a Sunday. We hit Six Flags, Magic Mountain on Monday. Ben and I were looking forward so much because of our last Magic Mountain experience with my family. Disappointment. That's for sure. The park was SOO crowded and it was SOO hot. Nobody was a happy camper. Everyone was ornery. I'm pretty sure Crystal even cried once. We stood in lines for two hours for a 30 second ride. In all, we got in four rides. FOUR rides! That's not cool. Anyway, here's some pictures of us acting happy. I don't even know what made her cry, but she wasn't faking it. She was miserable. We got that park out of the way, so Tuesday we went to Disneyland! The happiest place, even for grown kids. I don't know what it is with this place, but It just puts a smile on your face no matter what! We got there super early and was able to walk onto a lot of the rides. Then, we mastered the fast passes and didn't hardly wait in any lines at all! It made up for the four rides we rode on Monday. We were kids again. It was great. California Adventure is also awesome. It's actually my favorite. It's a little more themed toward adults and I loved it.
I have so many more Disneyland pictures to post, but I'll limit it to just three. You get the gist, we had fun. We started heading home on Wednesday. To break up the trip we stayed in Las Vegas. Peggy wanted to keep us occupied so we weren't tempted to go onto the strip so we saw Tournament of Kings. It's a fun little dinner and show. The whole dinner we have to eat with our fingers while we're watching the show with horses and "kings". It was all supposed to feel like we were a part of their times. This is the king that we were rooting for to win. His name was Dragon. He was the evil one. But his horse was beautiful. I look a little bit scared in this picture because I am. That horse was breathing right down my neck! It freaked me out. We headed home, home really early on Thursday morning. We were all so ready to be home. I think we were all so sick of each other, it wasn't even funny! But, I did love the trip and it was so nice to get away from the norm for a little while. My in-laws are great. I'm so grateful that I can get along with each of them. Thanks for the trip Tim and Peggy! Wow, judging by the size of this post, and how long it took me to write it, I must have been thinking I had nothing better to do. I better get off this computer! Oh, one more last catch up on our lives. Ben just started his second-to-last semester at Weber State. He's crazy busy so I only get to see him after 8:30 every night and on the weekends. He's being a trooper though! Pray for us that we'll get through this busy semester! It's going to be rough!

No comments:

Post a Comment