Voting

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

a much needed break

Spring break came and went, really fast! It seems like time only flies when we're having fun, huh? Ben and I felt like we both really needed a get-a-way. Not that life at home is hard or bad, it's just really nice to have a small vacation where we can forget about everyday life stuff. My grandparents live in St. George. It is always so nice to go see them and feel like we are at home away from home. My grandpa usually takes Ben golfing, we swim, and eat a lot of delicious food that my grandma makes. We are literally spoiled down there. The morning before we took off for St. George Ben woke up with an extremely sore throat and bad case of cold sores all along the inside of his lip. Now, this is the first time he's ever had a cold sore. I can tell you from experience that they are so painful. But, now I must say that Ben has had it worse. He has finally experienced the wrath of cold sores. We rushed to the doctors to get him on some anti-viral medication before the trip. The doctor took a quick look into his throat, thinking for sure she'd see strep. Nope, no strep. That would have been a breeze to take care of! He had cold sores all along his upper palate, clear down into his tonsils. Poor guy! Maybe his wife has been stressing him out too much. :) With a heavy dose of Valtrex and pain killers, he was finally able to swallow. Eating is still an issue, but we're getting there. I felt so bad for him and was completely willing to forfeit the trip for his sake. He refused and we were on our way to St. George! I'm so glad that we were able to go and spend the weekend there with my grandparents. It was so nice to be able to have one on one time with Ben. We were finally able to have a conversation about our future plans and be able to talk about things other than school or work. It was wonderful!

I am terrible at taking pictures. Absolutely terrible! Our kids are going to wonder what in the world happened in our lives before they were born because I am not good at documenting it at all! Anyway, here are some pictures of us golfing. I lied, I can't say us. My grandparents and Ben. I drive the cart. Always have, and probably always will. I'm not good at golf.




The course is beautiful! We feel so fortunate to be able to play here. This is the hole that Ben got a birdie. He was one happy boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment