Voting

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

maricopa, az

We have a new home! We have finally gotten all settled in to our new place. We're still doing a whole bunch of business stuff to get ready for school and life in Arizona, but I'm not complaining! Once again, we have the greatest families in the world. Both of our parents drove down to help us move. My parents pulled a huge trailer with all of our goods while Ben's parents drove our car down. We're so grateful for all of their help and contributions. We seriously couldn't have done it without them. A lot of people have been asking me to post pictures of the house so this will probably just become a huge picture post. I know that I always like those so I hope it's okay with you! I'll do some explaining along the way.

This is taken from the front door. It's looking into the living room, kitchen, and dining room. That fan you see, it comes in handy. Actually it is our life saver. The kitchen is amazing! I have some loves for it. It has a dishwasher, filtered water from the fridge and a pantry! What more could I ask for? The master bedroom and back porch is right off of the dining room. We love, love, love how open this room is. These pictures do not do this place justice.This is the office. The picture is taken from the living room. The front door is on the left of the picture. The kitchen is to the very right. The right archway leads into the hallway that goes to the spare room, bathroom, nursery, garage and laundry room. This is our bedroom with the ghetto TV hanging on the wall that only works for movies. Whatever it takes to keep the husband happy is what I say. That nice little archway...it goes into the bathroom with a walk-in closet and two sinks. Spoiled.
This is the spare/baby's bathroom. I personally love the colors. That really has nothing to do with the house though. The nursery is going to be in the bedroom right next to this bathroom. I didn't take pictures of it because right now it's in shambles. I have some decorating to do in there! Good thing I have a few months.This is the guest/spare bedroom. It's not pretty, but I had to include it to let all of you know that there is a queen size bed here waiting for you to come visit!
This is the garage. Also nothing really special. We're just ecstatic to have a garage! It's amazing how quick we found things to fill this right up.We went and played some basketball last night in the community center right behind our house. The weather was perfect. Zoe was in heaven because she was on her leash. How much better can it get?It's hard to see, but this is the swimming pool and covered BBQ center with a playground. We've already gotten some good use out of this pool and been sufficiently burned at that. I actually think that I might go swimming tomorrow. Okay, I think that's enough pictures. Don't you think? We're adjusting well down here and already starting to feel like it's home. We don't miss the rainy weather that we hear is going on up there in Utah. Yesterday it was 97 degrees here and we couldn't be happier about that. We definitely miss our families, we're just hoping that they will come visit sometimes. Ben starts school in a week and I think that he couldn't be more ready! He's gotten an amazing internship that is practically in our backyard doing family counseling. He can't wait to start. Both of us are still looking for jobs. We're hopeful that we'll find something soon! But, in the meantime, I've got plenty of time to play with any visitor that would like to get out of the rain. :)

1 comment:

  1. You.guys.suck. You're house is huge! I'm so jealous. And nice, hot weather...awww, I can only dream of that! Haha! I'm so happy that you have such a cozy little (I mean, big) home. I wanna come visit!! But it will definitely have to wait until that little baby is born (not that I don't want to see you, but it's better to do both at once, right?) Yay, I'm excited for you guys!

    ReplyDelete