Ben and I always knew that we would completely miss our families and the Plain City celebrations this year. The fourth has always been such a fun holiday for us to spend with our families. We love the parades and especially the park activities. I have done the four wheeler derby with my dad for as long as it has been in Plain City history so I knew right away that's what I would miss most. I just had to keep reminding myself that Ben wouldn't have let me risk our baby's life to do the derby this year, even though I probably would have won because nobody would hit a pregnant woman. Anyway, my dad still did it and I heard it was a blast!
Instead of missing home all day, we spent the entire day with my cousins and their families. It was a good alternative to sitting home. We actually had a lot of fun. Arizona doesn't do day activities at the parks because of the insane heat, so we just made our own fun. We started the morning out relaxing inside, then had a little BBQ with hot dogs. We got to the community pool when it wasn't too busy. I wish I would have taken pictures. I love everything about the pool. I feel buoyant, which is a fabulous change. Ben has the most fun in his life playing with my cousin's little girls. Then to top all of that, it feels fabulous to be in the water with the warm sun. After we were exhausted from the pool, we went home and played some games before we barbequed some hamburgers. What's a holiday without way too much food, huh? After dinner we packed up and got to the park to watch the fireworks. It was an awesome night. The temperature was perfect because of the monsoons coming into town.
I hope that everyone had a great fourth of July! I just love the holiday.
No comments:
Post a Comment