Voting

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

moments that matter most

Yesterday, and the day before yesterday, were hard days for me. My emotions were so high and it felt as if nothing in this world was going right for me. On Monday night I dropped my fairly new camera. It was on and it hit the tile. Broke the lens. Ben stayed awake an extra couple of hours to see if there was anything he could possibly do to fix it. I layed on the couch and cried. Hormones. Yesterday I went to get my tires rotated and balanced. A 45 minute drive for nothing. They turned me away because the wait would be 3 hours. Very frustrating. I found out my camera would cost me $180 to even begin to repair. I'd be better off buying a brand new one. I searched high and low for Brakes Plus in Chandler. After 20 minutes I found them, just to be turned away again. The wait would also be 3 hours. But I didn't leave Brakes Plus without getting a look that was telling me "you know, those brakes should have been changed last month. I hope you get home safe". I'm sorry that this car doesn't get many days of a break. It's always on the road, that's why it's very hard to get it in here. I decided to end my day there. I can't tell you why those things affected me so much. They seem so small. But I came home, layed in the baby's room to be with all of her things, and cried myself to sleep again. I missed my family. I wish my baby was here now. I needed Ben to just hold me. And honestly, I need to lower my hormones because they've got to be at an unhealthy high. Ben got home to wake me up and hold me to tell me everything would be okay. Poor guy, I'm sure he never knew pregnancy would be this hard on him too.
Last night my cousin showed us an amazing Mormon Message. I would encourage every single one of you to watch it, no matter what you are doing.
lds.org/pages/mormon-messages-gallery?lang=eng#moments-that-matter-most
I was very humbled. These things that were so hard for me to handle are not the things in life that matter most. This life is about the relationships we build. The friendships we keep. Our families knowing that we love and care about them. This life is Ben. It's our new baby. It's about the family decisions that we make, together. It's about the gospel and our Savior. This life is even about the small moments that make us laugh together. It's about the small events, not the major ones. I loved this message. I was something that I needed to hear at that time. I truely am blessed with the things in this life that I have, as well as the things that we do. In fact, I feel like I couldn't be more blessed. The Lord just needed to remind me that it's okay if I broke my camera. It's okay if I didn't get the car fixed. It's okay because I still have a husband that loves me. I still have friends and family that care about me. I still have the gospel to lean on.

6 comments:

  1. i hate days like that! i'm so sorry about your camera! oh how i can relate. let ben know the hormones stick around even after the baby comes. we're so excited to meet her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so hard to have days like that, but it's good to know that you will always receive something from our Heavenly Father to help you through it. Whether it be a video, a scripture, or a sweet neighbor/friend. I'm glad you're feeling a little bit better and thank you for sharing. It was a wonderful reminder to me as well that there is always something that being a member of this gospel with bless us with. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can I just say you are awesome!Say Hi to your hubby!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so sorry for your bad day. I hate those days when it seems like nothing will work out. You are almost there! Thank you for sharing that link. I am in need of the uplift as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Linds my sweetie. It is so true that things in life seem to over-shadow what is really important. We are human after all. Just when that happens, we are blessed with the reminder of what is important; God, family and friends. I'm glad you have Ben there to help you through the emotions.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Linds my sweetie. It is so true that things in life seem to over-shadow what is really important. We are human after all. Just when that happens, we are blessed with the reminder of what is important; God, family and friends. I'm glad you have Ben there to help you through the emotions.

    ReplyDelete