Voting

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

our princess' nursery

 I think that I have gotten the nursery to how I want it for now. The baby will be sleeping in our room for a couple of months when she first gets here, so that's why I'm calling the nursery complete. I will be adding a shelf above the dresser, a cross stitch picture my grandma has made her, and a some pictures of her on the cubby shelf. It should be really cute once those are up! We did the whole thing on a tight budget. I felt like it was a waste of money to spend $250 on a bedding set just so that everything could have a matching theme. Surprisingly, we really didn't spend too much money on it. I was proud of myself. So, I hope you enjoy!

We have SO many blankets. I don't know which ones I'll keep with her crib. I don't think she'll want to use blankets anyways. 

 I made both of those beauties on the glider. The blanket doesn't match, but I worked so hard on it that I had to keep it on the chair. The pillow was a breeze, and it really makes the glider so much more comfortable.

There's not much more in the way of updating our lives. Ben has started his second to last semester of school. Homework keeps him really busy, but I am lucky and still seem to see him a lot. He is really loving school, so I think that's great! This week is my last week of work before I'm taking maternity leave. The hospital has been very good to me, I hope that carries through after the baby is here! We're both trying to grasp the fact that we are going to be parents any day now. Sometimes it just doesn't feel real to me. It's something that we are obviously so excited for, but depending on the day, one or both of us gets overwhelmingly scared and nervous. I know that when she gets here, we'll be just fine! Right?

4 comments:

  1. Looks great! I love the dresser and the blanket you made. I'd be nervous too, but I'm sure once she's here you'll be so in love and everything will be amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it Linds! You really did do a great job. When did you turn so crafty like Kellie? You girls are just so cute with all your little crafts these days. I am sure that she will love the room. You guys are going to be such great parents!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Linds that blanket is so cute! That's way more adventurous than I would ever do. Good job! I had a dream about your little baby last night and I was there, feeling her in your tummy. And then she came out and she was so cute. I wish it wasn't a dream, and I really could be there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's adorable! Getting the nursery all ready is so fun...and it makes you that much more anxious for baby to come!

    ReplyDelete