*Just a warning, this is a long one. It will probably be boring for most of you to read. But waste your time if you must.*
First things first. My love, Ben.
1. I love that he is a worthy priesthood holder. I know that's such a cliche thing to say, but it's true. He uses his priesthood to bless our family and members of our ward frequently and I'm so grateful for that. His example to Macee and our future children will be invaluable in this.
2. I love that he works so hard in our community. We've only lived here for a year and a half and I think he already knows everyone in our town. He works hard as the only male family therapist, he is the assistant wrestling coach at the high school and he is the Elder's Quorum president in our ward. There's never a time when he is out of the house not serving someone else.
3. I love his energy! Holy cow, this man never stops. Okay, he's not a morning person, but when he gets going, he stays busy and somehow accomplishes all of those things mentioned above.
4. I love that he's good-lookin'. And I must say that he made a dang cute baby. Enough said.
5. I love that we share the same goals. I was talking to a co-worker the other night and he was saying "I find it stupid that people can meet and choose to be with someone for "eternity" (doesn't believe in eternity obviously) when they're 20. How can they make that big of a decision, especially when you change and grow so much in your 20's." He must not have realized that I was married at 20...and even had a child, by complete choice, at 23. I am so grateful and love so much that Ben and I are growing and changing together and we're both completely happy with where we're going as a family.
6. I love that he is so smart. He flew through school and didn't only finish it with awesome grades, he also remembers practically everything he learned. To me, that is amazing. Most people have to re-learn in the "real world".
7. To go with #6...I love that he excels at everything he does. If he isn't the best, he can throw a little fit. But, I've learned that these fits are okay because they're what makes him become the best. He always says "I'm never satisfied, and that's a good thing because it makes me want better, want more."
8. I love that he loves me. He tells me everyday and I do love having that confirmation.
9. I love that he is naturally athletic. Pretty much any sport that he tries, he is good at. I sure hope that our kids get this talent from him, and not my complete lack of coordination.
10. I love that he is such a good daddy. He loves playing with Macee and will get down on the ground and roll around with her, cuddle with her on the couch, and gives her tons of loves. She loves him back just as much.
11. I love that he is a handy man. He is currently working his butt off on building me gardens in the backyard.
12. I love that he is passionate. He has a tough side when he has to, but I love that his soft side can come out.
13. I love when we get to have pillow talk. I love the deep conversations we can have, or even the light ones about the happenings of our days.
14. I love that he is truly my best friend. I love spending all and any of my free time with him, even if we are just working around the house.
Macee, my wild child.
1. I love her expressions. This girl has a face of many expressions. My favorite is her surprised look. Of course I can't catch it on camera, so you'll just have to trust me when I say that it is the funniest thing in the world.
2. To go with the expressions, I love that she has learned to roll her eyes at me. It is still in such a cute, not a sassy way, so I'm going to love it up while I can. Ever since she learned how to do it, she rolls her eyes just because she knows she's funny.
3. I love her spunky personality. I complain that she is so hot and cold, extremely happy or super mad, but I do love it. I know that it will get her places in life and it keeps me on my toes.
4. I love that one of her best friends is our dog Zoe. They fight like sisters and love like sisters, it's hilarious. Nobody can get Macee laughing like Zoe can.
5. I love that she is finally getting the concept of loves. She is starting to cuddle more, give big hugs and juicy kisses on the lips.
6. I love how much she loves her daddy. She is an angel for him! And all he has to do is be in her presence. She's a momma's girl, but there is nothing like seeing her eyes light up when I tell her that daddy is home. Sometimes I think that she is just ready for a break from me.
7. I love Macee's big blue eyes. They compliment her fair skin and strawberry hair perfectly! We get old people in the store commenting on those beautiful eyes all the time.
8. I love that she is such a fish! We take a shower together every morning and it is always a fight to get the water on us. She loves the water in her face and running over her head. Every time we attempt to wash her hands, it ends up more like a complete bath.
9. I love that she is tough. I'm pretty sure that I have a tom-boy on my hands. I love that when she falls, I stand there and act like I don't care and every mom around me is running to her side. She gets herself up and looks at them like they are crazy. Do they really think that I don't care?? I just know my baby.
10. I love that she sleeps through the night! And has for almost a year now. It is a huge blessing to me. She's also a great sleeper around noise, which is so important to me! She can sleep through almost anything.
11. I love that she is so friendly. I can hold her in my arms while she talks to strangers. I may change my mind about this when I can't corral her in my arms to keep her safe.
12. I love that she is finally big enough to entertain herself! It just melts my heart when I notice that the house has been a little too quite and I walk into her playroom to see her playing with her baby.
13. I love when her eyes light up when I come in her bedroom to get her in the morning. She has to grab her blanket and dog and then we're off to talk about Zoe. Every single morning. I love it.
14. I love when Macee dances. This girl has got some serious beat. If she hears any music, on the radio or on the TV, she starts dancing her heart out.
Aww Linds, I'm so happy you finally posted! I love your sappy posts, it reminds me that I should do that because it's so easy to overlook all of the positive things our husbands do for us (oh, is that just me...?) :) Now next time, post some pictures...of your baby bump, perhaps??? Don't be ashamed this time of how "big" you are!!
ReplyDeleteUmmm... Your pregnant??? I don't think I knew that Congrats! That is so exciting!
ReplyDeleteI am also ready for pictures. The last one we saw was at six weeks I think. Such a cute post linds. Good to hear that you had a good valentines day and that everything is going well.
ReplyDelete