Voting

Thursday, September 12, 2013

our birthday girl

It's hard to believe that we welcomed Macee into our loving family two years ago. The gift of motherhood that she blessed me has been an experience that I never would have dreamed of. Being a mother has been one of my greatest blessings, as well as my greatest challenge. Each day is different. Each day is special in it's own way. I am not perfect, and each day our family grows and learns together. And for that, I am forever grateful for.
Macee has taught Ben and I about a deeper love. She stole our hearts from the moment they placed her on my chest. Since that day two years ago, we continually, each day, fall more in love with her. More in love with our lives as a family. 
I never want to forget my two-year-old Macee. These toddler years have been so fun, yet so difficult. She has so much "sugar" and so much "spice" all wrapped into her cute little skinny body. It amazes me each and every day how such a sweet girl can have so much attitude. But, gosh, I sure love it. Macee loves to give big hugs and big kisses with those juicy lips. She will randomly surprise us with a huge squeeze in the grocery store or when I'm cooking dinner. She never hesitates to give kisses to anyone she knows. (We're going to have to work on her selection as she gets older so she's not kissing absolutely everyone). She has the most sensitive little heart and is very good at recognizing other's feelings. Macee's energy is amazing. She has one speed: running. There is very rarely a slower speed until her head hits the pillow. It definitely keeps me on my toes. Macee has the most contagious laugh. She will laugh at herself, the dogs, or just out of pure excitement. She has quite the personality. Macee has a few other loves. She loves, loves her "Cece", or her blanket. It goes everywhere with her and she has to have it to sleep. If anyone knows Macee, they know about her Cece. That's just how important it is to her. Macee also loves dogs, being outside, reading books, music and dancing and unfortunately for me, TV. She still sleeps like a champ, 11 hours at night and a 3 hour nap during the day. If she doesn't get her sleep, we have a grumpy girl on our hands. She has already upgraded to a big girl bed and is so proud of herself for it. Macee is still such a light eater. She can go an entire day and only eat a few grapes. Not for a lack of me trying to feed her more. Macee is such a mother to her babies. She takes great care of them and is so compassionate to them and their "feelings" that Macee dreams up.
Macee is the best big sister. Her and Blake had an instant connection once we got him home from the hospital. I know they knew each other before this life. Macee completely understood that Blake was her little brother; she was now the big sister. I know that Macee was foreordained to be the big sister. It is such a special role in a family and I'm so happy that Macee is the one filling the role. She gives Blake kisses all over, strokes his head and helps me take care of him. I'm so happy that this sweet girl chose us as her family; chose Blake as her little brother. I wouldn't want any other life and I'm so proud to be Macee's mother.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Linds...you need to stop writing posts that make me cry. I'm crying because I'm so happy for you and crying because I wish I knew her. But I'm so glad for this blog so that I can hear about her little personality and I just imagine how she is. I can't wait to see you guys, hopefully soon!

    ReplyDelete