Macee is now 14 lbs 7 oz and 25 inches long, and sitting happily
in the 95th percentile...again. She is doing a lot of new things these days:
- Talking, a lot. She gives us darling squeals all of the time, especially in the mornings.
- Smiling and giggling. Macee loves being bounced on the bed, thrown in the air, turned upside down, being tickled on her feet and sides, and getting her bare belly blown on. This girl is a dare devil and completely loves her daddy pushing the limits with her. Scares me to death.
- Rolling, when it's convenient. She is the best at rolling from her back to her belly, towards the left. When she gets on her belly, she will let us know that she is so not happy about it. She rolled from her belly to back when she was three months old, but it has been a challenge for her since. She may end up sitting before she masters rolling. She's getting strong!
- She is a pro at eating. Wow, this girl eats a lot. She eats so much that I finally decided it was time to give in to the spoon. She started eating oatmeal and is doing great with it. She knows how to open her mouth to the spoon and keeps most of it in her mouth. Her hand is the only thing that distracts.
- Her hand eye coordination continues to improve. She grabs anything and everything within her reach and brings it straight to her mouth. This includes poor Zoe. Zoe never knows what to think about Macee when she's got such a tight grib on her ear. She usually reaches with her left hand first. We may have a lefty on our hands!
- Her little toes are too stinking cute. She just recently discovered how cute they are, and holds onto them every time she's in her bumbo.
- Macee now puts herself to sleep completely on her own. She pulls her blanket over her face and sucks on it...which I don't totally love. It actually gives me nightmares that her blanket is over her face and I have to check on her often. Maybe the respiratory therapist in me is coming out in my parenting, who knows.
- Since we're on the sleep subject, she still sleeps great at night. She sleeps from 7 to 8:30, only waking up once to eat. Naps on the other hand, those are a different story. We're lucky when we get an odd nap of 45 minutes.
- She is starting to really recognize who her mom and dad are. She will only trust a few people to hold her without us being close by. It's a love/hate thing for the both of us.
Just what I'm talking about...her daddy is always pushing the limits. Macee trying out her new shelf in her room.
Macee's first time eating oatmeal. I have the hardest time catching her smile, so this is all I could get.
Macee has blessed our lives in every way. We feel so lucky to be her mom and dad, and love watching her grow. We are starting to see her personality more and more all of the time. It seems like we have a little spit-fire on our hands. I like to blame this on her red hair, but I think if we're honest, both Ben and I have to admit that she probably got it from her parents. She is either smiling and giggling or screaming. This girl is dramatic. Even dropping a toy can throw her into a frenzy. Even with the fits, the girl is perfect to us.Thank you, Macee, for being everything that you are. I am so proud to be your mommy and can't wait to continue watching you grow. We love you all the way to the moon and back!
No comments:
Post a Comment