Voting

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Relaxation after the graduation

Did you get the rhyme? I did. I thought it was kinda clever. Right after we ate at Maddox, we took off for California. My family had planned this trip to my sister-in-law's beach house in Ventura a long time ago. It was supposed to be a graduation/Brady and Elizabeth moving to Arizona/Jordan moving to Logan trip. You gotta make the most out of it, right? Big changes are happening this summer! To say the least, getting ready for the trip and graduation was pretty dang stressful. We had so much on our plates we didn't even know if the trip would be worth it. Luckily, Ben didn't need surgery on his clavicle so we knew the ride would be fine for him so we had no excuse not to go. We are glad we went. It was worth the stress. We had such a great time and it was amazing to be able to stay right on the beach. We did a ton of relaxing, laying in the sun (only to fry every part of my body), walking on the beach, and playing some crazy games of Pounce. Ben and I totally sucked it up, but that's okay. The beach we were staying on is a very popular place for surfers to go. We had a ton of fun watching them with the binoculars. I felt like a stalker, but I didn't care. We got to watch dolphins playing in the water too. It's amazing how excited Utahan's get when we see the ocean and all the good stuff that comes along with it. The water was FREEZING and it was windy most of the days, but Ben was a trooper and tried surfing after he learned by watching the other surfers through the binoculars. Who knows the damage it did to his shoulder, we'll find out in a couple of weeks. Ben is just that way. Nothing will hold him back from having fun. I collected lots of "shesells" and put my feet in the ocean. I feel like that was enough excitement for me. After all, I'm done with school. All I wanted to do was sit on my butt and not use my brain the whole week! And I accomplished that just fine. Like every vacation, we ate tons of food, particularly tons of avocados. For some reason, every time we went to the store or drove by a fruit stand, my mom HAD to pick up some extra avocados. We thought we were getting a good deal on them or something. It was funny, and somehow I'm still not sick of avocados or guacamole. We went to Magic Mountain on Tuesday. The rides there are so much better than Lagoon! Lagoon will never be the same. Ben and Jordan never got sick and they had some good bonding time going on the rides when the rest of us were too sick to go. Once again, Ben is like a kid, never missing the chance to have some fun. I totally love that about him, and sometimes I'm jealous about that. Anyway, all in all, it was a great trip. It was awesome to spend some time with the family as all of our lives are changing.

Like I said, we took lots of nice walks on the beach...Magic Mountain! We don't look much like Batman, but that's okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment