Voting

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Summer's here!

Well, maybe it doesn't totally feel like summer, but we've been getting ready for it! Ben has been working extra hard on the yard. Even though our house is just a rental, we're still freaks and we want it to look good! Of course, right? To make a long story short, the "grass" is not grass at all...it's weeds. We've tried everything that we can to make it grass and to make it grow. So far, we have not been totally successful, but we're still trying. Last summer we attempted to drag around hoses to water the "lawn". If anyone has done that, they know that it totally sucks. So, this year Ben put in a temporary sprinkler system that will last us while we're here. So lucky! Our next little project was a shed. We keep accumulating stuff like crazy! I have no idea where it all comes from. I guess that being in a house requires a lot of tools and stuff like that. We decided that it would be best to buy a little rubbermaid shed from Costco instead of building one from wood. It will transfer a lot easier when we move and it apparently is easier to put up. Who knows if that's true. It took Ben and the neighbor boys 4 hours to put it up. I loved watching him and doing easy stuff like cooking dinner. Sometimes it's good to be a girl. We bought some awesome road bikes that we are starting to love (when we have time to ride them). Those have their own little spot in the shed. Last year we used a part of our neighbor's garden to plant some veggies. We were so busy and terrible at keeping it up. Whenever we would want to use the veggies that we worked so hard to grow, we'd have to walk clear over to their garden. Okay, so it's not that far, but it is still kind of a pain. Have you all seen those raised garden that are popular these days? Yeah, we decided to try one of those...right outside of my back door! I'm going to love it! Ben built it out of some 2 x 4's. We planted some tomatoes, peppers and cucumbers. Mmmm...that sounds yummy, huh? Totally a fan of vegetables! We'll see how these little babies grow this year. If they turn out awesome then we will grow more things next year! I'm starting to realize how old I'm turning. I never thought I would be so excited about grass, a shed and a garden. Anyway, that's been what's going on these days at the Harding house! We're super excited for summer. I'm so proud of my hubby. He's such a hard worker! Love him! Okay, that's my mushy stuff for him. :) Thanks honey!

Sorry that these pictures are really dark, I don't like my camera so much...
This is our BEAUTIFUL garden.

Here's the shed! It doesn't look hard to build, but it was!

1 comment:

  1. Linds hey i'm glad you found me:) miss you lots at the office!!

    ReplyDelete