
Last night Ben and I discovered the only way to camp with a baby...in the backyard. I have been getting the bug to go camping. Believe it or not, there are places to camp here in Arizona. The seasons are just different. I knew that I would probably regret the idea of camping after having to keep Macee happy while doing so. Ben surprised me and put our spare mattress in the backyard and borrowed a fire pit. We put Macee to bed then roasted hotdogs and ate s'mores, all while Macee was sleeping comfortably in her crib.

We felt really lame when we were both ready to go to bed, but since we were outside we could still see that our old neighbors were still awake in their front room.

Ben had to keep reminding me that Macee was only a few walls away. It was hard at first to accept that, but she was close by on her monitor. All in all, it was really fun!
Of course there can't be a post without sweet Macee. I love this girl's expressions. I can't get enough of them.
Linds! You guys are so cute! I love that you camped in your backyard and that Ben surprised you with it. Bonus points for sure! :) I miss you guys...we need to plan a time when we can get together soon-ish.
ReplyDeletep.s... that is the cutest video of Macee! You can put more videos and pictures up of her, if you would like. :)
ReplyDeleteIs it really that warm to sleep out side? Lucky! Strange to see no grass.
ReplyDelete